ATTN: The Clothing Bank is accepting clothing and shoe donations every Thursday 8:30am – 2:00pm.
Please take a moment to read all of the drop off details to insure the safety of both staff and donors and minimize the spread of Covid-19.
How and what to donate:
- We will be open every Thursday 8:30am – 2:00pm
- Clothing and shoe donations ONLY
- Donations must be in a tied plastic bag
- No appointment needed
- Please wear a mast when dropping off
- Please follow the one-way flow of traffic on Jessup St.
- Please place donations in blue bins and follow signs
- Please call (302) 654-1390 with any questions
The Clothing Bank accepts gently used clothing for men, women and children and, through a referral process, redistributes the clothing to the community at no cost. Anyone who is need of clothing may make a request at any of our Empowerment Centers or any other approved human service agency center.
The Clothing Bank provides an empowering 15 week job training program, participating women will work to rebuild their reputations, renew their spirit, and reinvent themselves by discovering their potential. The women learn good work habits, fine tune basic job skills and receive job search support through resume development, polishing interviewing skills and application assistance.
We provide an excellent volunteer opportunity for individuals and groups with up to 30 people at a time at our Clothing Bank for all ages. It is an easy to follow, fulfilling and time efficient way to give back to our community.
The Clothing Bank offers multiple entry level volunteer projects in the form of clothing drives at work, school or church, sorting clothes at the warehouse, helping to complete clothing requests and delivery runs to various local distribution sites. If you would like to volunteer with our Clothing Bank, please email email@example.com or visit our Volunteer Page for more information.
What to donate?
- All adult and children clothing
- Leather goods (shoes, belts, purses)
- Bedding (sheets, pillow cases, blankets – no pillows please)
- Linens (towels, wash clothes)
- New socks, underwear and bras
All donations should be clean (underwear and socks must be new), and ready to be distributed to the community. You do not need an appointment to drop off donated clothing but please do bring them during operating hours! We prefer to not have clothing sitting outside unattended in the elements.
Clothing Bank Address:
1603 Jessup St. Suite 3
Wilmington, DE 19802