- When: Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 2:00pm
- What: New or gently-used clothing, school uniforms, and shoe donations
- Where: 1603 Jessup St Suite 3, Wilmington, DE 19802
COVID-19 Donation Protocols:
- Donations must be in a tied plastic bag
- Please ensure donations are clean
- Wear a mask when dropping off
- Please place donations in blue bins and follow signs
- Tax receipts available at drop-off
Call (302) 654-1390 with any questions.
About the Clothing Bank
The Friendship House Clothing Bank provides free clothing to the community, an employment opportunity for women looking to get back into the work force, and a wonderful volunteer opportunity for all ages.
We accept new and gently-used clothing for men, women, and children. Clothing Bank staff and volunteers sort donations and prepare clothing requests, which are made through a referral process at our Empowerment Centers and other approved human service agency centers.
Last year, we processed 220,000 lbs. of clothing with the help of a volunteer corps from over 120 organizations. We served 7,000 individuals across New Castle County.
Job Training Program
The Clothing Bank provides an empowering 15 week job training program, during which participating women work to rebuild their reputations, renew their spirit, and reinvent themselves by discovering their potential. The women learn positive work habits, fine-tune basic job skills, and receive job search support through resume development, enhancing interviewing skills, and application assistance.
Phone: (302) 654-1390
Fax: (302) 654-1076