Thank you seems too simple, but how else can we express our gratitude for your gift to Friendship House? As we help the lives of those in need in our community, we know it is only possible because of the investment of our supporters.
A monthly donation is the best way to help us sustain our mission year-round of uniting people facing homelessness with loving, supportive communities they call home.
*All monetary and in-kind donations are tax-deductible.* EIN 51-0306759
- Please select the donation dollar amount and frequency of your giving. Recurring gifts matter because we do our planning based on expected income.
- You will have the option to cover the cost of the processing fee (also tax-deductible) if donating on a desktop computer. Tablets and phones do not receive this option.
- You can also make an online donation in honor or in memory of someone and we will send a person of your choice an email or letter acknowledging the gift from you with no dollar amount named.
Check Donations: If you would like to send a gift through the mail, the check can be out to Friendship House, Inc. and mailed to P.O. Box 1517 Wilmington, DE 19899.
Stock Donations: Contact your broker with instructions to transfer by DTC 0075, the number of shares to Friendship House, Inc., account number 48974677, M & T Securities managed by LPL Financial. After making the transaction, contact our office at (302) 652-8133.
United Way Giving: Although Friendship House is not a United Way agency, you can designate Friendship House as your charity of choice for a United Way donation by using code 9033. (Residents of other states besides Delaware may do the same by writing in the following address: Friendship House, Inc. P.O. Box 1517 Wilmington, DE 19899)
Matching Funds: Many businesses will match the cash donations of their employees to their favorite charity, so always check with your company. Companies that have sent Friendship House matching funds include IBM, JP Morgan Chase Bank, Verizon, and Delmarva Power.
Acknowledgment Grants: Each year Friendship House receives grants from corporations in recognition of the volunteer service that one of their employees has provided to our ministry. Community outreach funds are sometimes available upon request, so check with your company.
Employee-Generated Grants: An increasing number of companies administer grant programs that are linked to their employees’ community involvements and only accept program grant proposals from employees on behalf of the human services agencies where they volunteer. To submit a Friendship House grant proposal to your employer:
- Contact your supervisor/community outreach person about the availability of community grant money, the grant program criteria, and the application process.
- Meet with the Friendship House resource team, who will prepare an appropriate grant proposal.
- Submit the proposal through the appropriate corporate channels.
- Serve as an advocate and liaison between the company and Friendship House.
However you choose to donate, please know that we honor that donation and our management spends each dollar with our clients and our supporters at the forefront of our decisions. You can witness our fiscal responsibility by reviewing our annual 990.