Friendship House has multiple programs that attempt to fill the gaps in New Castle County’s homeless service network including.
We do not have emergency shelter. To find our more information about our Transitional Housing program call (302) 428-0151. (To qualify for housing services: positive recommendation from a residential recovery program and involvement in a daily program (employment or education).)
If you are in between a permanent place to live, are currently homeless, or unsure where to go to get help for any crisis, our Empowerment Day Centers are where you want to start.
Services offered at our Empowerment and Day Centers include:
- Access to a phone and a fax machine
- Computer labs at all locations
- A job readiness program where you will receive help on resume writing and job searches
- Help getting replacement birth certificates and identification
- Clothing referrals
- Help with food or shelter referrals
- Bus tickets to verifiable appointments
- Assistance with medical prescription
- Access to rest rooms
Please call our office at (302) 652-8133 for any other questions.